Saturday, February 1, 2014

January Look



This is the look that I chose to share with you this month. As you may have notice there has been some changes around here. New website, new features and less looks, mostly for lack of time. Since I know this is one of your favorites, I've decided to keep it, not with the frequency that you were used to, but at least one look every month and, occasionally, some other outfit that I find special or a special occasion look. Any way, I'd appreciate if you let me know how you like the new layout, features, sections, etc. Okay? Thank you so much!

About this look, it's really easy going and practical since I'm having a crazy busy month. The star of the outfit is obviously my new Michael Kors bag, that I've been dying to show you. It was a Christmas present from my hubbie and it was such a perfect surprised, I'm wearing it all the time! 


Has I said before, I've had some non stop days, therefor I like to keep it simple, my favorite pair of skinny jeans, a sales shop - my new dark blue jersey with black lace applications, one of my go-to pair of booties and, just to take it to next level, I added a black lace bow. 


My glasses will now be a part of most of my looks because I'm prohibited from wearing contact lenses, so, this is probably the "me" you'll be seeing in 2014. I like big glasses, when I wear them I like it to be visible and stylish, that goes from sunglasses as for vision glasses, besides I have a diamond shaped face, which is very much similar to the oval face and that allows me great leeway on choosing eyewear, haircuts and such. But I really must advise you to choose your eyewear carefully and, when in doubt, ask for professional help, because this is an accessory that can change you completely, for better or worst.


Back to the outfit, I'm still loving the black and blue combination, since it creates very discreet variations of color and depth. Also, wearing a total dark colored outfit, elongates your silhouette which makes you look taller and thinner. To emphasize even more the illusion of higher stature, you can add dark shoes to the ensemble.


*

Este é o look que escolhi para partilhar convosco, referente ao mês de Janeiro. Como já devem ter reparado ocorreram por aqui algumas alterações. Novo site, novas secções e menos looks, essencialmente por falta de tempo. Como sei que esta última é das vossas rubricas favoritas decidi mantê-la, não com tanta frequência como estavam habituados mas, pelo menos, uma vez por mês terão um outfit novo e, pontualmente, algum extra que me pareça particularmente interessante ou sempre que se tratarem de looks para ocasiões especais. De qualquer forma, ficava-vos muito agradecida se me pudessem dar feedback sobre o novo layout, as novas secções, etc. Desde já vos agradeço.

Relativamente a este look, é muito prático e simples porque tenho andado a mil. A estrela do outfit é, sem dúvida, a minha nova Michael Kors que estava ansiosa por vos mostrar. Foi prenda de Natal do meu amor e foi mesmo a surpresa perfeita, estou sempre a usá-la!


Como vos disse antes, tenho tido um mês extremamente ocupado pelo que prefiro manter os looks simples, aqui optei pelos meus skinny jeans favoritos, uma compra de saldos - a minha nova camisola azul escura com aplicações em renda preta - os meus botins camel e, para elevar o outfit e torná-lo especial, juntei um laço de renda preta.

Os meus óculos farão agora parte da maioria dos meus coordenados porque estou proibida de usar lentes de contacto durante um bom tempo, por isso, este é muito provavelmente o "eu" que vão continuar a ver em 2014. Eu gosto de óculos grandes, quando os uso gosto que sejam bem visíveis e trendy, quer sejam de sol ou de ver. Além disso, como tenho um rosto em formato de diamante que é em quase tudo similar ao rosto oval, isso permite-me uma grande margem de manobra na escolha de acessórios oculares, cortes de cabelo e assim. Mas devo recomendar-vos que escolham os vossos óculos criteriosamente e, quando em dúvida, peçam aconselhamento especializado, porque este é um acessório que vos muda totalmente as feições, seja para melhor ou para pior.


Voltando ao outfit, continuo a adorar a conjugação de azul escuro com preto, pois permite criar uma variação muito discreta de cores e profundidade que é extremamente elegante. Além disso, usar um look integralmente escuro alonga a silhueta o que nos faz parecer imediatamente mais altas e mais magras. Para enfatizar a ilusão de uma estatura mais alta, podem optar por um calçado de cor escura para juntar ao coordenado.







Jersey #zara
Jeans #levis
Booties #aldo
Bracelet #parfois
Bag #michaelkors
Glasses #valentino
Special thank you to my usual #starbucks


#rcmstylist #mylookfortheday #photooftheday #trends #fashion #styling