Friday, November 14, 2014

Bonobos NYC Fall Style Challenge


So a few days ago I received a new challenge by Bonobos to showcase their new Fall suit collection.  
Being a big fan of mens wear, probably for having converted my beloved hubby into a fashion connoisseur, along the years, I immediately said yes.

For those of you who are unaware, Bonobos is a New York based men's clothing line, focused on providing great quality pieces, with incredible attention to detail and they have so many amazing pieces in their new collection that I can't even begin to describe. I wish I was geographically closer and I would be there already picking my husband's Fall wardrobe, I tell you!

So, back to the challenge that Bonobos cast me... the purpose of this challenge was to pick a look from their Fall catalogue and style my own outfit from there. What would I wear to go along with my chosen Bonobos men's suit? And it was so hard to choose just one... that I chose three! What can I tell you! I kept imagining my husband in those fabulous suits and wanting to go out on the town with him, so I went crazy with the outfits and chose three amazing suits that you can see bellow, has well has my own outfits to go along.

To see more of Bonobos men's suit line for this Fall just go to bonobos.com.

And now for the big reveal... Hope you like it and I'll see you soon.

Há alguns dias atrás recebi um desafio da Bonobos para mostrar a sua nova colecção de fatos para este Outono. Sendo uma fã de roupa masculina, talvez porque ao longo dos anos fui convertendo o meu amado marido num "connoisseur" de moda, não hesitei em aceitar.

Para os mais desatentos, a Bonobos é uma loja de roupa masculina, baseada em Nova Iorque e focada em fornecer roupas de elevada qualidade tanto ao nível dos materiais como em atenção ao detalhe e confecção e têm tantas peças maravilhosas quem nem vos digo. Estivesse eu mais perto e, por esta altura, já lá estava a escolher todo um novo guarda-roupa de Outono para a minha melhor metade!

De volta ao desafio que a Bonobos me lançou... o objectivo deste era escolher um look do seu novo catálogo de Outono e daí construir um outfit para mim. O quê que eu usaria para acompanhar o fato Bonobos que escolhi? E digo-vos que foi tão difícil escolher apenas um... que escolhi três!

Podem ver mais da linha de Outono da Bonobos em Bonobos.com.

E agora para a grande revelação... Espero que gostem e até breve!


I love the polished look and the soft tartan of the jacket. It's classic and modern wrapped all in one, very much as a tulle skirt or a brocade jacket. All perfect to attend an opening followed by a late, romantic dinner.

Adoro o look polido e o tartan suave do casaco. É o clássico e o moderno combinados num só outfit, muito como uma saia de tule ou um casaco brocado. Tudo perfeito para marcar presença numa inauguração seguida de um jantar romântico.


*


If I really had to choose just one, this would probably be it (luckily, that wasn't part of this challenge!). It's so elegant and versatile and the combination of the black and blue hues on this blazer are just perfection. So I went with a complementary color combo for this one, wearing an orange-coppery tailored dress. To put the all outfit together I paired a studded trench and added a playful, trendy touch to it by adding piton shoes and a purple, flower clutch. Perfect for a romantic night out on the town.

Se eu tivesse mesmo que escolher apenas um, seria provavelmente este (felizmente, isso não estava inerente a este desafio!). É tão elegante e versátil e a combinação de preto com este tom de azul é pura perfeição. Assim, decidi-me por fazer uma combinação complementar ao nível das cores, usando um vestido laranja-acobreado. Para brincar um pouco com o outfit juntei uns sapatos píton com uma clutch roxa e para finalizar o look, a sempre indispensável trench. Perfeito para uma noite romântica na cidade.


*


Finally, for a more casual approach to suits, I chose this one. The fabric texture is amazing and it screams Autumn, not to mention the pairing of the different patterns on the shirt and tie that are spot on. It was precisely this combination of textures and patterns that inspired my next and last attire. For my own I stayed on the neutral tones as well and paired a lace dress with a fur vest and leather shoes and handbag, adding just a pop of color with this last one. Et voilá... Perfect to attend a Fall wedding.

Finalmente e para uma abordagem mais casual ao universo dos fatos, escolhi este. A textura do material é fabulosa e exulta Outono, para não falar da combinação de padrões entre a camisa e a gravata que acerta em cheio. Foi precisamente esta combinação de texturas e padrões que inspirou o meu próximo e último outfit. Para mim, mantive-me também nos tons neutros e combinei um vestido de renda com um colete de pêlo e sapatos e mala em pele, juntando apensa um apontamento de cor com esta última. "Et voilá"... Perfeitos para um casamento de Outono.


Challenge complete!

Men's Clothing by Bonobos
Women's Clothing Styled by Raquel C. Macias
Look 1:
H&M oyster-white shirt; Coosy tulle skirt; Calzedonia tights; Mango coat; Zara shoes; Parfois clutch altered and customized by RCM Stylist; Anartxy by Cores de Perdição bracelets; Swarovski necklace

Look 2:
Customized, tailored, copper-orange dress for RCM Stylist (you can email us for info and orders); Calzedonia tights; Zara trench, shoes and necklace; handbag and jeweled bracelet from a craft fair

Look 3:
H&M lace dress; Calzedonia tights; Mango lion necklace; Zara fur vest and collar; vintage red handbag that I got from mom

Inspiration from Bonobos Fall 14 Suit Collection 
http://www.bonobos.com/b/mens-suits


Stay Happy & Fashiontastic!

#LiveLoveLaugh


#BonobosFallStyleChallenge #RCMStylist #ImageConsultant #FashionAdviser #Stylist #Bonobos #NYC